News: P/T Recreation Assistant
||Lower Providence Township Parks & Recreation
Part-Time Recreation Assistant
This position involves administrative and supervisory work of average difficulty. The position assists with the coordinating, development and implementation of Township recreation programs and events. Position is part-time with an average of 25 hours per week.
Reports to: Parks and Recreation Director
• Contracted Program Employees
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• Assists in the Planning, organizing and administering of recreation programs and leisure opportunities for all residents.
• Assists and participates in the planning for, fulfills assigned tasks associated with, and assists at all township special events including those held on evenings, weekends and holidays.
• Assists in scheduling recreation programs and special events held at selected parks facilities and Methacton School District facilities.
• Assists departmental staff to plan develop routine and special promotion and marketing pieces for all activities, including, but not limited to, the use of web-based options and print media for mass distribution and broadcast.
• Assists with the administration and operation of special projects and group activities.
• Leads programs as necessary.
• Assist with the monitoring of registrations for recreation activities provided by the department; periodically communicates registration status to instructors; recommends program extensions, expansions, changes and cancellations to Director before implementation.
• Prepares financial and participation summary reports for seasonal programs and activities as requested.
• Orders and delivers supplies and equipment to recreation sites and programs in the township.
• Coordinates completion of evaluations of each program or special event as directed.
• Maintain records of registration and/or participation, including collection and tracking of fees received, for Township programs, special events and Township sponsored bus trips. Registers attendees for events, coordinates purchase of any necessary tickets or admission documents for such events.
• Answer telephones.
• Duties as assigned by Parks and Recreation Director.
Various Types of Recreational Equipment
Computer for word processing, spreadsheets, and data entry
Other Office Equipment (copier, postage machine, telephone, etc.)
The position reports to the Lower Providence Township Municipal Building. There is off site travel to assist in the management of parks and recreational programs, camps and special events.
Education, Experience and Training
• Requires knowledge, skill and mental development equivalent to the completion of four years of college with major courses in parks and recreation, education or other related field.
• Requires knowledge of program development and implementation.
• Requires thorough knowledge of program practices and procedure.
• Requires knowledge of the functions and interrelationships of municipal administration and governing units.
• Requires working knowledge of administrative theory and technique.
• Requires ability to supervise and provide technical guidance to subordinate staff.
• Requires ability to render decisions on complex administrative issues.
• Requires ability to express ideas on related subjects in a clear and concise manner in both verbal and written form.
• Requires ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with Township officials and employees, members of the summer camp staff, contractors, Parks and Recreation Board and the general public.
Applications and Questions should be directed to Karl Lukens, Director of Parks & Recreation
Click here for Employment Application